Tourist Offices to Discuss Growth Markets in Tourism and Other Economic Strategies at "NTA Destination Leaders Forum"



Destination Leaders to Collaborate at Travel Exchange
Forums will cover economy’s impact on marketing and packaged travel.

LEXINGTON, Ky. (Dec. 20, 2012)—NTA will host two Destination Leaders Forums on Jan. 23 in Orlando, Fla., where chief executives of destination marketing organizations will discuss the challenges they have faced during a struggling global economy, its effect on packaged travel, and what solutions lie ahead.

“DMO budgets have been reduced—and sometimes eliminated—as governments cut back during the economic downturn,” said Lisa Simon, NTA president. “So our questions are: What strategies have organizations used—and how can we work together to ensure a robust packaged-travel industry? That’s what will result from this thought-leader discussion.”

The Destination Leaders Forums comprise two sessions at the Orange County Convention Center during Travel Exchange, the convention and trade show for NTA and the United Motorcoach Association. A morning session includes state and provincial leaders from North America, and an afternoon session brings together leaders of national tourism organizations. In both sessions, participants will uncover shared obstacles and develop workable solutions.

Working with NTA to organize the event is Todd Davidson, CEO of Travel Oregon and chairman of the U.S. Travel and Tourism Advisory Board. He said that now, amid signs of strengthening economies, is the time for DMOs to collaborate.

“We have collectively weathered a global recession, but nowhere is the adage, ‘The whole is greater than the sum of the parts,’ more true than in the travel and tourism industry,” Davidson said. “Coming together to explore, evaluate and envision where we’ve been and where we’re heading will give the industry a more complete picture to launch new strategies from.”

To help form that picture, each participant will submit, prior to the forums, a description of its organization and its challenges, plus a projection for the year ahead. When they gather in Orlando, the DMO leaders will share the tactics and innovations they have used to market their destination and attract groups despite budget cuts. Both sessions will be moderated by Helen Marano, vice president of government and industry affairs for the World Travel and Tourism Council.

“After our face-to-face forums, NTA will release our findings in a white paper,” said Simon. “We’ll also use this information to educate our members and enhance packaged travel.”

The 90-minute sessions begin at 9 a.m. (U.S., Mexico and Canada states and provinces) and 2:30 p.m. (national offices). NTA issued invitations to chief executives of all U.S. states, Canadian provinces, Mexican states, and national tourism offices.

Post Title : Tourist Offices to Discuss Growth Markets in Tourism and Other Economic Strategies at "NTA Destination Leaders Forum"

Tourist Offices to Discuss Growth Markets in Tourism and Other Economic Strategies at "NTA Destination Leaders Forum",

1 comment:

  1. Greetings to everyone on this blog forum, I want to tell you all about a financial breakthrough that Mr, lee offered me to get through when I was starving with my business and family during the covid19 pandemic. I came across Mr lee on blog spot by someone recommends him to anyone looking for loan I was so excited and I got motivated too to be in that position of financial freedom as my family was starving, I contacted Mr lee on what's app which I told him my life story about financial situation he sends me an application form to fill with my details which I did then after he sends me loan agreement then I forwarded it to my lawyer to take a look and advise me on how to go about it then after I signed the loan agreement after that my loan was approved few hours back bank contact me for funds transfer and charges that I need to clear at the bank counter I cleared the charges which I received my loan the next day that I cleared the bank charges so it's was really nice working with Mr lee and I thank him a lot of the help that he gave me which really help my family from starvation. Contact Mr Lee on Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or talk to him on whatsapp + 19893943740. For quick response because he's always busy but they have some other professional team co-worker working with him as well but I recommend Mr Lee to anyone looking for financial help.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...